In Rottweil is currently being built an absolutely distinctive and unique Building: The test tower for elevator systems from ThyssenKrupp Elevator will be 246 meters high upon completion, and provide the highest viewing platform in Germany at 232 meters .
The basic purpose of the tower is the testing of modern elevator systems for high-rise buildings. For this purpose in the tower 12 elevator shafts are installed where then high-speed elevators and pioneering ropeless systems are tested.
Is interesting for the general public then of course the viewing platform at a dizzy height. Until then, patience is still required, for the completion and commissioning of the tower is planned for the end of 2016. Even now the site is a magnet for visitors: From the platform visitors can observe how the tower is growing daily, as well as guided tour.
Foto: The tower at a hight of 100m
-> www.aufzugsturm-rottweil.de (Website in German)
Back in November 2014, the observation tower was opened on the Urenkopf at Haslach , central Black Forest . The days with beautiful views held this winter , however limited, over the Easter weekend, was worth the climb to the tower at 34m height allows of its platform a really nice all-round view of the Kinzig Valley and the central Black Forest .
The tower is accessible only on foot . Next Directions possibility is the trail parking lot at the memorial Vulkan. Shortly after Haslach direction mill creek ( Freiburg), the parking lot is well signposted. Walk from there it is 1 km to the tower , but with a sharp rise . Of course, the tower is also from all other directions within walking distance, or can be integrated into a hike in the area.
Visible from afar is the new lookout on the Urenkopf
The lookout tower
View on Hofstetten
View on Haslach
View on Fischerbach, Brandenkopf Mountain in the background
View direction Hausach
www.black-forest-travel.com wishes you a Happy New Year 2015 !
To welcome a photo of the New Year's fireworks around the Freiburg Münster, taken from the Schlossberg, shortly after midnight on 01/01/2015.
After heavy snowfall in the last 2 days, there is as of today (28 December 2014) permafrost, and thus now exist ideal conditions for winter sports in the Black Forest! Numerous ski lifts and cross -country trails are now in operation, eg Feldberg, Todtnauberg, Hinterzarten and at other ski areas in the Southern Black Forest, in the Central Black Forest in Schonach, Schoenwald, St. Georgen and environment, as well as in the northern Black Forest along the Black Forest High Road.
Winter sports facilities, ski lifts, snow reports, etc., refer to the section winter sports
www.black-forest-travel.com wishes all friends of the Black Forest enjoy winter sports!
Today, Monday 24 November 2014, the first Christmas Markets in the Black Forest will open. Traditional christmas markets take place in many places in the Black Forest every year. The flavour of mulled wine, waffles and fir needles, candlelights and the cosy atmosphere attract the guests every year anew. Besides eating and drinking of course you can find lots of local products for your own or for your christmas gifts.
Here you find dates and places of the biggest and most beautiful markets:
- 24 November - 30 December 2014: Christkindles market in Baden-Baden
- 24 November - 23 December 2014: Christmas market in Freiburg
- 25 November - 23 December 2014: Christmas market in Offenburg
- 27 November - 23 December 2014: Christkindlesmarkt in Karlsruhe
- 27 November - 28 December 2014: Sternlesmarkt in Ettlingen
- 27 - 30 November 2014: Magical Christmas market in Calw
- 24 November - 22 December 2014: Christmas market in Pforzheim
- 5 - 14 December 2014: Christmas market in Freudenstadt
- 29 November 2014 - 6 January 2015: Advent's market and the world's biggest advent calendar house' in Gengenbach
- 28 November - 7 December 2014: Advent's market in Gaggenau
- 28 November - 14 December 2014: Christmas market in Bühl
- 29 - 30 November 2014: Christkindlemarkt in Bad Dürrheim
- 5 - 7 December 2014: Christmas market Bad Säckingen
- 12 - 14 December 2014: Christmas market in Oberkirch
- 25 - 30 December 2014: Triberg Christmas Magic - thousands of lights illuminate the waterfalls and the nature park nearby